If you are pondering over delaying motherhood, you are not alone. The average age of first-time mothers in America is now up from 21 to 26, while for fathers, it’s increased from 27 to 31. This isn’t just within America; women in other developed countries are waiting too with the average first birth happening for new mothers at age 31. In such a scenario egg banking is turning out to be a popular option with those who want to experience a complete family life at a future date.
Egg freezing and banking allows patients to extend their fertility. Thawed eggs retain their ability to become fertilized from the time of freezing, giving the patient peace of mind by knowing pregnancy may be possible in the future.
In case you are wondering how egg freezing can be of help, you are at the right place. So, without much further ado, lets dive right into it.
Here are 6situations when one can consider going for egg banking:
1. Financial considerations — All parents wish the best for their child and want to give them the finest things in life. When couples start off with their careers, they are trying to set the base for a better future which includes a better home, better savings among other things. In such a scenario, egg banking or freezing of eggs becomes a viable option to enjoy parenthood in a future date without the financial stress.
2. Taking the relationship slowly –With divorce rates on the rise, couples want to ensure that they are with the right person before tying the knot. This means prolonged dating period wherein they try to understand each other’s likes and dislikes. Here too, freezing the eggs turns out to be a boon to enjoy fruits of parenthood on a later date after couples ensure that they are ready to spend their life together.
3. Finding the special one — Freezing of eggs is considered a viable option by those single women who know that they are running out of time to become mothers, but wantto avoid so called “panic partnering:” a frantic decision to settle down in an unsuitable relationship in order to have a biological child before the biological clock stops ticking. Egg freezing gives them more time to find the right partner and avoid later regrets that they had settled down with the wrong person. The life phase of “waiting for the right partner” is now so widespread it’s become a new life stage for some women in their thirties and forties and this is where egg freezing comes to the rescue.
4. Uncertain health environment –We have witnessed the world completely transform thanks to the pandemic. COVID-19 pandemic has taught us a lot, bringing to light yet another reason why people are tentative about having children. The health of future children is a widely concerning topic. With the healthcare infrastructure tumbling around us, a great sense of fear prevails around having access to prenatal care in the midst of the pandemic. Couples also worry about passing on the infection to the infant during pregnancy hence egg freezing in this case becomes a viable option to delay a child until the dust settles around the health ecosystem.
5. Focus on career — With women joining the workforce on the rise, the focus on starting a family can take a backseat. With rising cost of living and equal opportunities for both genders, it makes sense for the couple to focus on their respective careers. Egg banking here can be fruitful as the couple need not give up their dream of having a complete family as they continue to climb the corporate ladder.
6. Personal Reasons –Pregnancy is a personal choice. A woman might be facing domestic problems or undergoing life threatening diseases such as cancer. Pregnancy not only involves body transformation but changes the mindset too. It is imperative here that the would be mother here is in the right state to go through the pregnancy both physically & mentally. Egg freezing in this case, extends the biological clock making the decision dependent on comfort & not lack of time.
As the reasons for egg freezing can vary, at MMC IVF we believe in the initial consultation being the most important step in egg banking.Apart from this, our services include fertility treatment in all aspects of assisted conception, gynecology, endoscopic surgery apart from male infertility.
Still confused? MMC IVF is offering you an opportunity to consult with a world-class fertility specialists for a one-on-one discussion. All you have to do is make an appointment with us +971 56 136 2512or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you promptly. The best part is that you can stay at home and talk to our specialists online. In addition, you can request for a second opinion on the diagnosis and treatment you already are on. Reach out to MMC IVF and we will fix an appointment for it.